Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Path to Peace

Me: "I've been trying to channel my inner-Rhonda as I've been wedding planning the past couple of weeks.  You always kept your cool in an amazing way." 
Rhonda: "Oh, but I wasn't actually calm even if I looked like I was.  I can't tell you how many times I repeated this to myself: 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
Jesus, my heart is troubled.  I'm worried and anxious.  Thanks for the reminder that You want me to surrender that to You.  I feel the rightness in that.  Thanks for creating us so that we're not designed to carry burdens.  Here they are Lord.  They're petty and small and they're robbing me of joy and peace.  Please take them Lord.  

1 comment: