Friday, July 31, 2015

Grace Upon Grace

For from His fullness we have all received grace upon grace.  For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.  John 1:16-17

Grace on top of grace
Floods my life,
Hides around the corner
Sent from Jesus.

Lord, here's my crusty lens
Suspecting that Your grace is exhausted,
That I've hit my limit of bad things.

I don't just have Moses, I have You!
You've given me beautiful instructions to live by
And then grace, and then grace again
And then truth to plant deep in me.

I'm utterly taken care of, 
Completely cherished,
With a wild and wonderful future ahead
Where only truth will grow bigger
And our love will take shape.

Please help me Lord 
To clear out the foxes in my vineyard
Robbing me of the fruit You're growing.
May my soil be rich,
Cool and ready for Your seeds.

Here I am, all of me:
Today a friend, coworker, daughter, and fiancé.
May I give and find Your grace upon grace
In my thoughts, motives and words,
And may We be closer tonight than we are this morning.
May I feel You smiling at me today.
Please steady my mind to be infatuated with You
So that everyone can see that You are my Rock, my Deliverer and my Joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment