Sunday, January 17, 2016

Our Leaning Plant


We got this little plant for Christmas.  We don't know what kind of plant it is, but it's fun to see it shoot out of the dirt.  Jeff has been babying it big time.  Since he's currently out of town, he gave me somber instructions to "give it some loving" while he's away.  He knows that I only water plants once a week, whereas this little guy is used to being watered everyday.  So I've watered it daily, but I've stopped short of Jeff's pampering.  As the sun goes down, Jeff will keep moving the plant so it stays in the rays.  Way above my pay grade.

It's changing so fast!  

Much like me.  The Lord has me in this clear place of growth where I can see the changes almost daily.  He's building new foundations, new beams and truths in my soul.  I am different, but I'm not exactly sure what I am yet.  And my wonderful Jeff is taking impeccable care of me which is sparking all of this newness.

It's scary sometimes.  What is being built in me?  What in the world am I fit for?  Who am I now, and who was I before?  I'm tempted to press into these questions too far and then all the sudden, fear reigns and the future is dark.  

But I love looking at this little plant.  The only thing I notice it doing is stretching out toward the sun.  Beyond that, it's just sitting there as the sun grows it.

John 12:46 teaches that Jesus is our Light, our Sun.  By Him, we grow and change.  So I'll take a lesson from this little plant.  I don't know what to do with all this newness.  So I'll just lean into the Lord my Light and watch Him grow me into exactly who He's building me to be.  

Lord, I open my heart to the changes You're making and the ones You have yet to make.  By all means, bring on the change and grow me as big or as small as You'd like.  I'm right where I'm supposed to be when I'm in Your light.  



No comments:

Post a Comment